- Online registrations
- In-Person at the Brattleboro Recreation and Parks Office 207 Main Street
- Call us at 802-254-5808
- A surcharge of 3.5% on the total transaction amount on credit or debit card purchase, which is not greater than our cost of acceptance.
- Parent or guardian signature is required for youth 17 and under.
- Many programs fill quickly. Program cancellation could occur if our minimum enrollment numbers have not been met.
- We must meet our minimum enrollment number one week prior to the start date of programs. If we have not met the minimum by the deadline, the program may be cancelled. If we have met the minimum, we will continue open enrollment until the program is filled or the class begins.
- Please be aware that program information, location, instructors and/or fees could be subject to change. Some circumstances may be beyond our control. Mail-in registration payments must be received at least four days prior to program start date. Program fees are payable at the time of registration (cash, check or credit/debit card). You can register online with a credit or debit card. We provide equal opportunity to anyone who would like to participate in our programs. If you require special accommodations, please contact the Brattleboro Recreation and Parks Office prior to the program’s starting date.
Confirmation & Notification
- We do not send confirmation notices. We will notify you if a program is cancelled or changed. If you have sent in a completed registration form with payment, prior to the program deadline, you should consider that the participant is enrolled. If a program has limited enrollment and is filled, you will be notified and placed on a waiting list.
General Refund Policy
- If you are dissatisfied with a program after the first session/class, you must submit a written explanation to Brattleboro Recreation & Parks Department prior to the second session/class to be eligible to receive a refund. Written explanation must be sent to [email protected]. In the event of an extended illness or injury, we must be notified immediately, and we will issue a pro-rated refund. A medical and/or doctor explanation will be required.
- An effort will be made to schedule a make-up date if a class/program/ game is canceled due to any causes beyond our control. If this is not possible, no partial refund will be provided. Refunds will be applied as a Household credit unless otherwise requested. Processed refund requests, other than a Household Credit, will be charged a $5.00 cancellation fee.
Program Brochures & Listings
- Brochures and newsletters are printed seasonally (Summer Brochure, Fall Newsletter, Fall/Winter Brochure, Special Holiday Edition, Winter Carnival, Spring Newsletter). The brochures and newsletters are distributed to the Brattleboro Elementary Schools, local banks, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Gibson Aiken Center. Public service announcements are made through local radio stations WTSA and WKVT, local newspapers, The Brattleboro Reformer and The Commons, as well as our local TV station, BCTV.
- You will notice that there are fee differences for Residents & Non-Residents. Residents are those who live in, or own property in Brattleboro.
- Proof of residency may be required. Non-Resident Youths pay an additional $15, and Non-Resident Adults pay an additional $25.
- This is for all programs and sports activities offered by the Brattleboro Recreation & Parks Department.
- If there are special needs required for any of our programs, please contact the Brattleboro Recreation & Parks Department one week prior to the scheduled event at 802-254-5808.
- The Gibson Aiken Center has a LULA/Elevator for building accessibility.