- 230 Main St., Suite 109
- Brattleboro, VT 05301
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
The Finance Department and Treasurer's Office are involved in virtually every service that is delivered in town. We provide all the financial support for every project initiated – from debt origination, payment processing to financial report preparation.
The primary functions include:
- Payment of all invoices and payroll obligations
- Proper accounting of all revenue, expense and general ledger transactions for all funds for the Town
- The coordination of all audit efforts for the Town CPA firm and any and all State or Federal Grant audits
- Budget preparation and assistance with annual Town Report
- Tax Sale proceedings
Water & sewer bills are mailed quarterly one month prior to the due date and are due the same day as taxes.
Tax bills are mailed once a year in July and have four quarterly coupons attached. Please send in coupon with the payment to ensure proper posting.
Recycling & Compost Bins
Brattleboro residents can purchase recycling and compost bins at the Finance Department, located in Suite 109 of the Municipal Center. Recycling bins cost $15; compost bins cost $30.
The second installment of the 2023 Brattleboro Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes, along with utility bills, are due by 5 p.m. on November 15, 2023.
The first installment of the 2023 Brattleboro Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes will be due by 5 p.m. on August 15, 2023.
The taxpayers of the Town of Brattleboro are hereby notified and warned that Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes assessed upon the Grand List of 2023 are now due and payable to the Town Treasurer at the Treasurer’s Office in the Brattleboro Municipal Center, 230 Main Street, Suite 111, Brattleboro, Vermont, in four equal installments as follows: 1st Installment due August 15, 2023; 2nd Installment due November 15, 2023; 3rd Installment due February 15, 2024; 4th Installment due May 15, 2024.