Birth, Death & Marriage Records
There are 3 ways to obtain vital record copies.
For Birth or Death copies, complete the Application for Certified Copy of Vermont Birth or Death Certificate fillable form. The applicant is the person completing the form, the name and information about the record goes in the middle section of the form. The applicant submits the completed form by email with a copy of their ID.
For Marriage or Civil Union copies, complete the Application for a Marriage or Civil Union Record fillable form.
- Online, paying by credit card - There is a processing fee of 37 cents per copy, that is added automatically to the transaction, for this service.
- Paying by check or money order, payable to Brattleboro Town Clerk, through the mail or the town business drop box.
- In person at the Town Clerk's Office. If coming in person, call 802-251-8157 to verify that the copy is available. In person payment is easiest by cash or check.
- Certified copies - $10 each
- Uncertified (genealogical copies) - $2 each
- Certified copies are sent by first class mail within 1 business day of receipt of application, ID, and payment confirmation.
- Uncertified copies ordered online will be emailed upon confirmation of payment unless otherwise specified during the availability confirmation process (send an email, including as much data about the record requested, to [email protected] we will research availability and reply by email with payment options.)
If done in person at the Clerk's office, the copy will be made while you wait. This takes approximately 15 minutes.
Credit card payments received for requests we are unable to fulfill will be refunded to the credit card within 30 days of initial payment.