Generational Improvements at Living Memorial Park
The Park was purchased in 1954 with War Bonds to create a Living Memorial to those who served in World War II. For generations citizen of all ages have been going to Living Memorial Park to recreate memories, build new friendships and learn lifelong skills.
In March of 2023, at Representative Town Meeting the voters voted in favor of taking out a bond in the amount of $4,100,000 for Generational Improvements at Living Memorial Park.
The generational improvements will include:
- Rink roof replacement and building code improvements
- Upgrading the refrigeration system at the skating rink from R22 to a natural refrigerant
- Upgrading the ballfield lighting system at the upper field; convert from metal halide to LED
- New 3,520 sq. ft. maintenance building
- Increase the parking at the Kiwanis Shelter by 7,200 sq. ft.
To view a timeline of this project click here.
Click here or the image below to view a PowerPoint presentation that was shown during the 2023 Representative Town Meeting Informational Session.